Friday, January 23, 2009

One World Show



One World Cafe in Peoria, IL will be hosting an art show of my images during the month of February.  Thanks to Bob and Sam Eid and Miriam Taylor for all their efforts on my behalf.  Please stop by and try their famous Cuban pork sandwich (I recommend the baked fries which are totally worth the $1 upcharge) and check out my work.  It has been a real challenge to choose images for the show.  Each time I work with a client (who often ends up becoming a friend) I have my favorite images.  But then each new shoot creates new favorites.  The greatest challenge was choosing a variety of images, because I feel my work speaks most as a body.  There was a part of me that wanted to feature 12 images from one shoot - giving more of a complete feel for a session and offering an example of the story that is often created within my work.  However, I also wanted to offer a variety of work and this required using images from multiple shoots.  The first image I chose was of my daughter.  She is holding a tiny toad she found last summer.  It is one of my favorite images because it really captures her awe with creatures.  She loves digging for worms.  I typically don't display images of my own kids with my work but I couldn't resist this one.  The next image is of a bride.  I love this image because it has a different feel from so many of the bridal portraits I see.  She is beautiful but she looks tough. That is sometimes a good thing in marriage.  This bride was so much fun to photograph.  At first my subjects are often not sure what do to, but after a little while they start to relax and really let themselves shine through.  This is when I get the best images.  More too come... stay tuned.


No comments: